Assemblies are listed by Underwriters Laboratories,Inc. (UL) as being bullet resisting assemblies in compliance with Standard for Safety-UL 752, Bullet-Resisting Equipment for the following threat levels:
- UL Level 1
- UL Level 2
- UL Level 3
- UL Level 4
Click here for UL752 Threat Chart
Desired threat level must be specified at time of placement of order.
Armored Service Windows with single pass tray provide transparent security for interior and exterior installations such as:
- Guard Houses
- Control Rooms
- Cashier Areas
- Vital areas requiring the capability to transfer currency, documents, identification badges, or keys.
- Voice communication is by means of armored, full height passages at both sides of transparent armor.
Armored Service Windows frames are formed from bullet-resisting steels suitably reinforced as required to meet UL test criteria. Frame corners are mitered and welded.
Armored Service Window units in 24" overall width and greater permit transfer of items not to exceed 16" in width x 1-5/8" in height thru the UL Listed deal tray. Deal tray is satin stainless steel finish throughout.
Optional Ledge Feature:
As an extra cost option BWPB units are available with an 8" stainless steel writing ledge on either or both sides of the deal tray sill, extending the full width of the sill. This option is an integral part of the sill and available only at the time of ordering.
The unit can be supplied with UL Listed bullet-resisting glazing of appropriate thickness and type to meet the specified ballistic rating. If included, transparent armor is not glazed at the factory. It and the frame are shipped in separate cartons for each installation.The necessary gaskets and attachment screws are provided for seating transparent armor into the framing. Glazing is the responsibility of the installer.
- Four standard frame finishes are available and must be specified at the time of order. These are:
- Prime painted on both the interior and exterior sides of frame.
- Satin stainless steel on both the interior and exterior sides of frame.
- Satin stainless steel on exterior (public) side of frame, the interior (secure) frames is prime painted.
- Satin stainless steel on the interior (secure) side of frame, the exterior (public) side is prime painted.
The opaque portion (frame) is shipped in crating with all necessary anchors. The unit is provided with either adjustable masonry anchors to insert between masonry joints as a wall is built or anchor bolts and shields for installation in pre-built opening. Frames are prepunched at factory to receive anchor bolts when a bolt-in unit is specified.